Berns Greenhouse & Garden Center was founded in January 1956, when Al and Cherie Berns purchased one greenhouse and a home on one acre of land on Yankee Road in Middletown, Ohio.
In the beginning, the business was only open to the public eight weeks a year in the spring. Today, the business operates 360 days a year and employs 50 to 135 employees seasonally. The Berns Corporation has four divisions: Berns Garden Center, Berns Landscaping, Berns Production Greenhouses, and Berns Production Nursery.
Berns Garden Center has two locations. The Center in Middletown was completed and opened in spring of 1996. The main store has 10,000 sq. ft. of retail space, a greenhouse with 12,000 sq. ft. of plant display and 22,000 sq. ft. of outside covered shopping area.
The Garden Center in Beavercreek opened in spring of 2011. It’s modeled after the Middletown location, and features outside covered shopping area as well.
The corporation is owned and operated by the Berns family, and staffed by qualified and knowledgeable employees. We take great pride in our employees, our company, and our industry. We strive to provide our customers with the best plants and products, and to extend courteous and professional service.